No products in the cart.
Although many businesses overlook the importance of keeping their VPS servers safe, it is vital for your business’s survival. After you have received your login credentials, you should immediately secure your Windows VPS Hosting plan.
- Your web hosting provider will install your operating system and create default administrator accounts. This makes your account susceptible to hacking attempts and can make it vulnerable to brute-force attacks. This can be prevented by disabling the default account and creating a new account with full administrative rights.
- For administrator accounts, you must create strong passwords. You should aim for a minimum of 10 characters, including special characters, capital letters, and numbers. It is best to not use the same password twice or introduce variations of an older one.
- Accessing the Windows VPS requires a remote desktop. The default is 3389. This port number is easily hacked because it is well-known by everyone. You can protect your Windows VPS servers by changing the default port. Port scanners are available 24 hours a day and brute force tools can also be used to target virtual servers. It is a good idea to install HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention Systems).
- Before allowing unknown IPs to gain access to the VPS server, you will need to change the default port setting. You should be careful when limiting IP addresses as you may get locked out.
- Anti-virus software should be installed on your virtual server. You will need to download and upload any files, and you’ll also need to surf the Web. Your server is at risk of being attacked if you do these things. It is possible for the server to become infected with malware, spyware, viruses, etc. The anti-virus will keep your server safe and secure.
- Next, you will need to activate the Windows firewall. This is typically included with Windows operating systems. It is well-known for its ability to filter data from the Web and protect users from malware and hackers. Windows Firewall is good for basic functions, but it’s better to use a third-party firewall for more advanced functionality.
- It is important to ensure that the Windows OS is kept up-to-date on a regular basis. You must select the automatic update option to have updates automatically installed. You can enjoy higher-level security, vulnerability patches, and access bug foxes if you keep Windows up-to-date.
- Windows is one of the most secure and reliable software on the market. However, security can be compromised from time to time. This requires third-party software. Security risks associated with third-party software are often overlooked. No matter what type of application they are, there could be security risks. The more apps that are deployed, the greater the risk. It is essential that applications are kept up to date.
- To detect vulnerabilities and loopholes, you can also install an intruder detection and intrusion prevention system. This type of installation is not possible for everyone so it is best to hire experts. Firewall software should be able to monitor the traffic to your site in real-time. It should be able to detect attack signatures.
- These are just a few ways to protect your MonoVM’s Windows VPS server from internal and external attacks. Servers left unprotected could lead to personal data being stolen or misused. It is better to do your own research and not rely on your web host for all security measures.