No products in the cart.
Today, Instagram is one of the most popular social platforms that offer more photo-sharing fun opportunities to its audience. But did you know that the social media platform is not just about photo-sharing for fun? Instagram can be an excellent marketing channel for businesses if optimized appropriately. Statistics reveal that 90% of IG users follow at least one brand, and 83% find new products they love on the platform.
Instagram’s unique feed photo-sharing design offers business owners an unusual virtual opportunity to gain visibility and community engagement with their target audience. It’s no wonder 80% of IG users say Instagram helps them find the service they need. However, receiving followers, building customers’ trust, and increasing sales can be a challenge for new brands.
In 2016, Instagram repurposed its algorithm to make popular posts appear first on users feed. This could mean constantly staying at the bottom of users’ feeds for businesses with low engagement.
So, how do you successfully optimize your business profile to receive more followers, gain engagement, customer loyalty, and increase sales? If you’re looking for ways more people should view your videos and photos to increase sales and build engagement, we’ve compiled some of the most effective sales tips on IG to help you optimize your content.
Recipes for a Successful Instagram Business Page
Wish to sell more of your product and services to your target audience? Then try these hacks:
1. An Attention-Grabbing Business Profile
One of the best ways to get more IG to reach, build customer loyalty, and increase sales is to create a fun, unique and creative profile meant to capture viewers’ attention. To achieve this, focus on building a solid bio page.
Understand that a uniquely designed business bio page works better than an ad campaign. Customers want to know that the brand they choose to invest their money in will provide them with superior-quality products. The only way to do this is to convince them with a unique and memorable business profile. You only have 150 characters to achieve this so, make sure that the profile contains relevant information about the brand.
This info should also showcase the brand personality, vision, mission and tell the audience why they should bother patronizing your brand. Of course, that’s so much to input in so little space, but it’s doable.
In 150 characters, your Instagram bio page should include:
• Personal name
• Username or business handle
• Contact information, which will include: email, business address, and mobile number
• Call to action and URL to the business website.
• Business category with a description of products and services
Bonus Tip: don’t forget to use a unique brand photo or logo.
2. A Creative IG Highlight Stories
Since we’ve established that the Instagram algorithm no longer offers audience feed views chronologically, the next thing you want to do is to create an IG Stories album that features brand products and services but creatively.
Wonder how creative you can get?
• Try creating a highlight album to showcase the brands’ products and services, and watch out for the timing.
• If you’re planning to post three pictures per day, strategically plan to post time to ensure viewers always return to view new arrivals.
• Keep Highlight stories album simple yet catchy with engaging covers.
3. A Branded Page for Easy Recognition
It’s easy to blend in with competitors and become like every other brand with ordinary and forgettable content. For an IG business page to stand out, attract target niche, and increase sales, it’s crucial to showcase brand voice consistently, value, and personality. A branded IG profile improves IG presence.
Here are some easy-to-follow tactics that help businesses brand their page.
• Share Company Goals, Philosophy, and Passion
To share their goals, philosophy, and passion with the audience, businesses need to assert and affirm what they stand for. Find the meaning behind the start-up to get the audience involved. For instance, If you run a family business, the business passion might be driven by family traditions. It simply means that companies need to match their content with the business drivers. When you know company goals, philosophy, and passion, it’s easier to connect with the followers on a personal level and gain their loyalty.
• Develop a Signature Style with photos
The first recipe for building brand recognition is to post recognizable signature images only used by the brand. IG utilizes visual effects more than most social media platforms. Hence, its essential businesses learn to invest in high-resolution image content for the brand.
Bonus Tip: Find professional photographers to fil high-resolution images and get as many photos as possible to create an image library for the future.
• Utilize Signature Color Schemes
Brands need to choose unique colors that stand out from competitors and captivate viewers to generate high-resolution visual images for the business page. To do this:
– Try using color similar color schemes used in the brand logo, or
– Experiment with different colors you can use in almost any photo to find what works best for the brand
Template vector created by freepik
Bonus Tip: Blue tones look cool on Business pages, while green works for eco-friendly pages.
• Incorporate Brand Elements in IG Content
Make your followers feel connected to the brand’s vision and mission by personalizing image or video content. This way, businesses showcase their products and services and build customer loyalty by personalizing each content to carry the brand voice and tell a story.
• Use Hashtags that Echo’s Brand Voice and Appeals to Target Audience
Hashtags are a unifying tool that communicates a message while attracting larger viewing. To successfully utilize this too, brands need to find the right hashtags that will drive content awareness and gain momentum for their business profile.
– Research popular hashtags that emphasize brand personality
– Pick useful ones that appeal to the audience (select both long-tail and combined hashtags)
– If you’re not sure about your selected hashtags, try branded hashtags. Do this by adding the brand name and add a relevant term. For instance, #ShopSupremeWears
– Choose relevant hashtags on-trend that helps viewers discover your product
• Engage Viewers with Fun Contents
Most brands may use emojis in their captions to make their brand more personable and approachable to increase sales. To develop fun content, try using memes.
Memes add a touch of humor and fun to business pages. So, develop an original meme or regram popular ones that would get your viewers coming back for more. Memes could be in the form of videos, images, or GIFs. Experiment on all to find one that works best for the brand. Alternatively, use all at intervals to spice your content.
• Get Personal with IG Contents
The relationship between business owners and their customers will determine how fast the business grows. One variable many brands fail to address is how to build a long-lasting relationship with their audience. Apart from finding a reliable brand that offers top-quality products and services they need, viewers are only looking to follow businesses that understand their challenges and can rapport well with them on a personal level. To build customer loyalty, drive engagement and potential sales, it’s essential to create personable content for users to make them feel at ease.
4. A Highly Structured Content for Maximum Shopping Experience
After branding the business page, the next step is to manage images, videos, and meme posts to drive viewers’ interest and turn it into an interest in purchase. Here are some tips for managing viewers’ shopping experience.
• After Posting, Tag Each Product
The good thing about using IG as a marketing tool is to tag each product when you post them. Most social media platforms don’t come with this added feature. So, take full advantage of the feature by adding a shopping cart icon that reveals the business catalog of products. It will also make it easy for users to find pricing estimates and product details. However, Instagram will need to approve your shopping option to run this feature actively.
• Learn to Close Sales
If the audience loves your product, they keep placing more orders. This could be the outcome many brands seek in their marketing campaign, but the trust is that customers’ interest may reduce more quickly than you think when they can easily access a product. So, how do businesses get their customers engaged in shopping for a more extended period?
The answer is to offer products that customers will love for a limited time. Once the stipulated time is up, orders may keep coming in, but you need to stand your ground on closing the sale. After completing the sale, find the next big product that will capture the viewer’s attention.
With this strategy, customers will stand in the queue whenever sales are open to purchasing items before others.
Bonus Tip: Look for seasonal products to make closing sales easy.
• Provide Reliable Answers on Transaction Options
Most customers won’t purchase a product when the transaction process is unclear. Brands need to be able to answer questions on how transactions will take place. Give customers reliable payment options that will make them feel confident when purchasing your products or services.
• Promote Products using IG Ads
Once you’re sure your products will convert customers’ interest to sales, the next step to increase sales is to market the brand with Instagram Ads. Technically, most brands don’t use this technique; while some prefer to attract buyers organically, some depend on influencer marketing to get more sales. But, here’s the thing; to drive more engagement and traffic, brands need all the best marketing tool they can employ, and Instagram ads is one of them. To use Instagram ads,
– Open business profile and click on promotion
– Select content to promote
– Select destination (chose the website option if the business has its website. If not, choose the business product page)
– Select target audience manually or let Instagram automatically select the target group for you
– Finally, set the ad budget and duration of the campaign. A campaign budget between $500 to $1000 will work effectively for an ad campaign for small businesses. If you more engagement and increased following, run the campaign for the next months, spread the budget, and promote more company products
How Can Businesses Measure Content Performance?
It’s not just about posting any business product and expecting customers to buy them. To build an IG business page, it’s more about finding content followers will enjoy and products that will prompt them to buy. For this reason, brands need to know what content and product receive more shares, saves, likes, comments, and reach. Instagram analytics offers brands an easy way around this as it measures fundamental metrics like:
• Impression: the total number of times users viewed the post.
• Reach: the total number of viewers who have seen the post.
• New following: measures the growth rate of the business community. This helps brands know whether the business page is growing at the desired speed to meet their company goals.
• New posts: This shows the publishing frequency of the brand and shows if each post drives engagement.
With this info, the business will know when they’re falling short of their business goals, which content drives more engagement and how to improve their content quality. It also helps business owners revisit their content strategy to ensure they receive more followers, build customer loyalty and increase sales in the long run.
Marketing strategies on social networks differ from in-person campaigns. Instagram utilizes high visual effects to attract viewers, convert them to followers, convince them to buy purchase products, and engage them to build customer loyalty.
For business owners searching for new means to build engagement and increase product sales on the IG business page, this successful Instagram business profile recipe will help gain more attention and sales for your business.